NOEMBLEM/エンブレムが設定されていません。

メールの詳細(トピック表示)

Five Children and It (by Edith Nesbit) (273/275)

投稿者:"e-readers deliverer"さん  2010/03/04 22:57  MLNo.1475   [メール表示]

''Why?'' asked Jane.

''Why, don''t you see, if you told grown-ups I should have no peace
of my life. They''d get hold of me, and they wouldn''t wish silly
things like you do, but real earnest things; and the scientific
people would hit on some way of making things last after sunset,
as likely as not; and they''d ask for a graduated income-tax, and
old-age pensions and manhood suffrage, and free secondary education,
and dull things like that; and get them, and keep them, and the
whole world would be turned topsy-turvy. Do wish it! Quick!''

Anthea repeated the Psammead''s wish, and it blew itself out to
a larger size than they had yet seen it attain.

''And now,'' it said as it collapsed, ''can I do anything more for
you?''

''Just one thing; and I think that clears everything up, doesn''t
it, Jane? I wish Martha to forget about the diamond ring, and
mother to forget about the keeper cleaning the windows.'' ''It''s
like the "Brass Bottle",'' said Jane.

*This e-text produced originally by: ClassicReader.com
( http://www.classicreader.com)

Gg[ubN}[N

メールへの返信はMLのメンバーしかできません。

更新順メールリスト